Mikel John Obi Rules Out Retirement from Super Eagles


Super Eagles captain and Tianjin Teda midfielder, John Mikel Obi has given assurance to his fans that he is yet to retire from the national team, but has only chosen to take a break in order to attend to other matters.

A lot has been said in the media about Mikel retiring from the national team after missing Nigeria’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Libya, Seychelles and South Africa.

However, the Eagles captain who last played for Nigeria at the FIFA World Cup in June said he cannot retire since he is not tired.

“I cannot retire, because l am not tired,” said Mikel who has promised to go public once he decides to quit the game.

The Super Eagles captain who is in the country with his family this week after helping his club, Tianjin Teda to escape relegation, visited the All Progressive Congress (APC) National Leader, Bola Ahmed Tinubu in order to promote his football clinic which he recently launched.

“I think if you have been doing something for a very long time, you will definitely ask for a little break. That’s what I have been on, I have been on break. I am not tired yet. The day I will retire, I will let everyone know before I make the statement.”

Previous Post Next Post

Comments System

blogger/disqus/facebook